Dating for professionals ireland
The people of Ballyclare and the surrounding villages played a part in the Irish Rebellion of 1798 and fought in the Battle of Antrim.At the beginning of the 20th century Ballyclare was a growing industrial town with an urban district council and became the largest paper producer in Ireland.A number of roads lead into the Town Centre including the Hillhead Road from the south, the Doagh Road from the west and the Rashee, Ballyeaston and Ballycorr Roads from the north and north east.Car parking available in the town centre ranges from surface-level parking to free and paid on-street parking.The event began as a local horse fair, but representatives of cavalry regiments came from all over Europe to buy there as the reputation of the fair spread.
It had a population of 18,441, including the surrounding townland, as of 2016.
There are two on opposite sides of the river at Doagh and one at Antrim.
The village grew after the Plantation of Ulster and was granted permission by King George II in 1756 to hold two fairs each year making it an important market centre.
The Main Street is sanded down and given over to horse selling for the day.
There is, however, now a variety of modern amusements in the square.